Canyoneering are ‘assumed risk’ water environment contact sports that may carry attendant risks.
Participants should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own action and involvement. All Canyoneering sessions are staffed by appropriately qualified guides. Guide to client ratios are in accordance with the guidelines. Occasionally, trainee canyon guides may be involved in sessions, however they will be under the supervision of a nationally qualified canyon guide at all times.
All Canyoning participants will receive a comprehensive safety briefing from their raft guide and will be given the opportunity to raise any issues before the session commences.
Whilst every reasonable attempt will be made to deliver Canyoning sessions, the JoePro reserves the right to cancel or modify the Canyoning session due to safety considerations and factors beyond our control.
As part of the continual review of safety and associated considerations, the conditions of booking are subject to change, clarification and modification at any time.
Express Assumption of Risk Associated with Canyoneering Activity
I do hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the inherent hazards and risks associated with Canyoneering activities, transportation of equipment related to the activities, and traveling to and from activity sites in which I am about to engage. Inherent hazards and risks include but are not limited to:
- Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized is significant including the potential for permanent disability and death.
- Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction of my own or others’ equipment.
- My own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including employees, agents, independent contractors or representatives of JoePro Adventures., including but not limited to operator error.
- Injury to hands, fingers, feet and toes, including but not limited to inflammation and/or strain of muscles ligaments and! or tendons, nerve damage or compression, and broken bones.
- Injuries from falling may occur from exposure to high altitude, which may affect judgment and coordination, or from not paying close attention to your climbing or others climbing with or near you.
- Broken bones, severe injuries to the head, neck, and back which may result in severe physical impairment or even death.
- Discharge of weapons in or near the area of activity.
- Cold weather and heat related injuries and illness including but not limited to frostnip, frost bite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sunburn, hypothermia and dehydration.
- Exposure to outdoor elements, including but not limited to avalanche, rock fall, inclement weather, thunder and lighting, severe and or varied wind, temperature or weather conditions.
- Attack by or encounter with insects, reptiles, and/or animals.
- Accidents or illness occurring in remote places where there are no available medical facilities.
- Fatigue, chill, and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of accident.
- My sense of balance, physical coordination, and ability to follow instructions.
* I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration for being permitted to participate in any way in canyoneering activities, I hereby agree, acknowledge and appreciate that:
- I HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, the following named person or entities, herein referred to as releasees: JoePro Adventures
- To release the releasees, their officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, and volunteers, and vessels from liability and responsibility whatsoever and for any claims or causes of action that I, my estate, heirs, survivors, executors, or assigns may have for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death arising from the above activities whether caused by active or passive negligence of the releasees or otherwise. By executing this document, I agree to hold the releasees harmless and indemnify them in conjunction with any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property that may occur as a result of engaging in the above activities.
- By entering into this Agreement, I am not relying on any oral or written representation or statements made by the releasees, other than what is set forth in this agreement.
This release shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provision of this release is found to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP LEGAL RIGHTS BY CLICKING IT, AND I CLICK IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.